Please advise the public what actions you are taking to correct the issues below.
- The Wake Court is not enforcing or allowing probable cause hearings to occur before jury trials and convictions. Per NCGS 15A-606, probable cause hearings are required (demand or waive) and should occur 21 business days after the defendant’s first appearance in district court. Without probable cause hearing, defendants are trapped in the Wake Court for a year and longer and then many are convicted without probable cause. (Hint: ask AOC Director John Smith to create a court form to enforce probable cause hearings)
2. No court form even exists to allow defendants to demand or waive probable cause hearings, or to plead NOT GUILTY. (Ask AOC to create NG court form)
3. The ACIS court computer system records all court dates as jury trials; and defendants and their attorneys aren’t notified of either by court clerk Lorrin Freeman.
(Ask ACIS to fix)
4. Two fake court documents are in use in the Wake County Court, which keep people trapped in court for years and then convict them of misdemeanor DWI’s unlawfully. (Identify and notify victims)
5. The Wake Court (DA Willoughby, Judge Stephens and Lorrin Freeman) continue to deny justice and financial relief to victims. (Turn yourself into the FBI)