July 13, 2012
Governor Beverly Perdue
C/O Mr. Mark Davis – Attorney
FAX: (919)733-2120– 2 pages
RE: Financial Relief Requested for Victims of Wake County Court
Dear Mr. Davis:
Here is a brief summary of the violations of state and federal law occurring in the Wake County Court which result in unlawful misdemeanor DWI convictions which harm people personally, professionally and financially:
- The Wake Court is not enforcing or allowing probable cause hearings to occur before jury trials and convictions. Per NCGS 15A-606, probable cause hearings are required and should occur 21 business days after the defendant’s first appearance in district court. Without probable cause hearing, defendants are trapped in the Wake Court for a year and longer.
- No court form even exists to allow defendants to demand or waive probable cause hearings, or to plead NOT GUILTY.
- The ACIS court computer system records all court dates as jury trials; and defendants and their attorneys aren’t notified of either by court clerk Lorrin Freeman.
- Two fake court documents are in use in the Wake County Court, which keep people trapped in court for years and then convict them of misdemeanor DWI’s unlawfully.
- The Wake Court (DA Willoughby, Judge Stephens and Lorrin Freeman) continue to cover up the crime and U.S. District court Judge Malcolm Howard dismissed the crime without even completing discovery or scheduling a hearing as mandated by the Federal Rules of Cvil Procedure.
- All state remedies have been exhausted. Gov. Perdue is now the only person who can provide relief to the victims of the Wake County Court.